About the Festival
The Walnut Hill Community Association (WHCA) will be holding its First Annual Community Festival & Flea Market on Saturday, September 10th, 2016 from 8am-3pm (Rain Date is 9/17). We are expecting over 1,000+ attendees from our community.
- Flea Market
- Local Business Fair
- Community Organization Fair
- Children’s Activity Zone
- BBQ Food
- Raffles & Giveaways
The business fair is a great way to expose your business and connect members of the community.
- Cost - $20 per 8 ft x 8 ft space
Individual Residents of Walnut Hill and our neighboring communities (Garden Court, Spruce Hill, etc) are encouraged to set up flea market spaces. It's a great way to get rid of things collecting dust in your closet, basement or attic.
- Cost - $15 per 8 ft x 8 ft space
FLEA MARKET/BUSINESS INFORMATION & RULES
The Business Fair & Flea Market will take place on S. 48th Street between Walnut and Spruce Streets (the street will be closed to traffic)
- Each space will be 8ft by 8ft. More than one space may be purchased.
- Vendor set-up begins at 7:30am and vendors may stay
- Spaces will be assigned by the Walnut Hill Community Association
TABLES & CHAIRS:
- You may bring your own tables and chairs. They must fit within the space that you purchase (8 x 8 ft per space)
- Chairs and tables are available for rent at $15 for a 6 ft table and $8 per chair. You must RSVP by 9/2/2016 so that we have time to notify our vendor.
- Vendors must remove all of their own garbage and litter. Vendors are not to leave behind unsold merchandise. Anyone found dumping will be reported to the police.
- Vendors are not permitted to hold tables for another vendor.
- There are absolutely NO REFUNDS. Rain Date is 9/17/2016. In the event that both dates are rained out, there will be no refunds.
- The use of loud speakers or public address systems is prohibited.
- Alcohol is prohibited.
- Space assignments are made by the Walnut Hill Community Association only. Arrangements made by vendors will not be honored.
- Only street parking is available. No vehicles are allowed in the flea market / business fair area.
- Space may not be given or sold by original purchaser to another vendor. If original vendor leaves table, WHCA will rent table to another vendor.
- WHCA reserves the right to withhold space rental from those it decides to be in conflict with the flea market's regulations or are detrimental to the market.
- Absolutely NO sales of tobaccos, candy, alcohol, soft drinks, ice cream, water, or any other food or beverage are to be made in this event.
- WHCA will contact the Philadelphia Police Department without warning if counterfeit merchandise is being sold or counterfeit money is being distributed.
- No vendor will use his or her rented space (s) so as to interfere with or jeopardize the health and safety of others. Vendors must regulate the volume of sound equipment, etc., in order to not interfere with adjoining spaces. Any material which is construed as offensive , loud, or abusive will not be tolerated.
- The following items are not permitted on the property at any time:
- Individually sold food and beverage items (water, soda, sandwiches, ice cream, candy, italian ice)
- Counterfeit merchandise (imitation designer purses, shoes, CD's, DVD's, clothing, sunglasses)
- Drugs and alcohol
- Firearms and ammunition
- Fireworks and explosives